Become an Instructor
To apply for approval as a TCA CE Instructor:
- Meet all the TBCE instructor criteria*
- Be a TCA member
- Fill out and return the TCA Program Application
- Provide payment to TCA for the TBCE application fee for each approved course**
- Pay TCA a roster processing fee based on the number of CE hours offered
- Encourage non-TCA members attending to join TCA by providing membership information during course
- Be approved by the Education Committee
*Instructors meet one of the following criteria as stated in TBCE rule 73.4
(I) possess a doctorate degree and possess either an active license to practice chiropractic or law;
(II) is part of the full-time faculty of a chiropractic college accredited by the Council of Chiropractic Education;
(III) is some other qualified health care provider; or
(IV) is an individual with substantial knowledge, skills and abilities in chiropractic practice.
**The course must meet the criteria for continuing education courses as stated in TBCE rule 73.3.
(1) be presented by one or more speakers or instructors who demonstrate, through a curriculum vitae or resume, knowledge, training
and expertise in the topic to be covered;
(2) have significant educational or practical content to maintain appropriate levels of competency;
(3) relate to the chiropractic scope of practice, as defined by the Texas Occupations Code §201.002, and §78.13 of this title (relating to Scope of Practice),
or to knowledge necessary for a licensee to comply with §78.2(a)(1)(F) of this title (relating to Diligence and Efficient Practice of Chiropractic); and
(4) be on a topic from one or more of the 25 categories listed in TBCE rule 73.3
For more information on CE instructors and courses, contact the TCA Continuing Education Manager at [email protected].